Saturday, May 13, 2017

Back to the plus 4


Ha! The way people stream in and out of our house! So much so that I have changed the head count of this blog 3 times in the past two years. Right now though, All 4 of the older grands are back with us, just as they were when I started blogging. Grandma's House Plus 4 is alive and well.

My youngest daughter has purchased her first home and is happily independent. She wisely used the time she was with us to build her credit and save down payment money.

My oldest daughter, who is expecting baby 6 very soon has chosen to live the RV life with her partner and almost one year old and is equally happy. However, the 4 older grand-kids aren't all that into it. Thus, our plus 4.

I just couldn't leave this cutie out of the pictures!
It's very peaceful here at Grandma's house these days. Everyone is chipping in and getting along. The older two (Nayna and Tia) help me entertain the younger two (Aja and Nathan) by taking them with them to movies and such. Still can't believe they're 18 and nearly 20 now!

Aja and Nathan, who are 13 and 12 still have a month of home school to tackle. They attend an online school for which I keep records and supervise. But summer is creeping up on us now, so there's bike riding, amusement parking, swimming and such gradually being added to the days entertainment, weather permitting.

Tia just bought her first car. She worked so hard to make that happen! Were far from the silver spoon crowd, but we are determined. Nayna has plans to take classes in view of opening her own bakery. She has quite a natural talent for cake making. Which, meh-heh-heh, takes Grandma off birthday cake making duty.

I'm amazed by all my kids and grand-kids. They all have huge hearts and good intentions. Budget concerns sometimes hamper them from progressing as quickly as they would like but they're not quitters. I'm surrounded by gumption. I love that word. My Dad used it a lot.

Gumption. I suppose they get it from me. I've been through a lot, you guys but you know, I get knocked down, get back up, etc. I'm like one of those old time clown blow up toys with the weighted bottom. I refuse to stay down for long. It just isn't in me. I'm glad this is the characteristic my descendants chose to adopt from me. Life is rough. It's important to know how to keep on keeping on.

Now I do have to say, when we had 10 people living here, things were not so peaceful. It really wasn't good for anyone, psychologically. What is it about too many grown adults living in the same house? It just never works. Toward the end, we were at each other's throats, you guys. It was ugly.

My take is that it was time for everyone to live as they choose, that's all. And let's face it, living with your parents as an adult is just unnatural. That's a nice way of saying, my adult kids were just as miserable living here as we were dealing with their misery. LOL

You know, when you go through a lot of hardships, you do become stronger. But more importantly, you become grateful for what you do have. My sis recently said that Gary and I must be saints to endure all this craziness. But you know what? We're not. Not at all. What we are is lucky to have so many beautiful people in our lives to love.

So many lonely people out there. And that is something neither of us will ever have to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment